Lets Do the Time Warp Again.....

holistic treatment for depression and anxiety
“Lets do the time warp again”… at least that is how it felt to me.  Stuck in the same old time frame again.  After all, my last blog was dated August, 2011 (see www.yeslifeisworthliving.blogspot.com to see what I am talking about).  What happened between then and now that pulled me right off the blog circuit?  Did I tire of writing?  Was there nothing to say?  Had I completely healed and therefore what else could I say?  NO, NO and NO!!  I simply took a step backwards and had to collect myself.  My body once again was my voice – the voice that I needed to remind me that I had more inner work to do.  This was the voice that I ignored the first go around in 2007-2008 as I didn’t realize at that time the power between the mind and body.  I feared that I would repeat another horrible time and questioned everything my body was about.  Why?  How?  It was little comfort to find out that this time the message came in the form of the Epstein Barr virus – not depression  - I mean, yes, glad it wasn’t depression as I wasn’t going “there” again, however, now my body decided it would challenge me once again.  I mean, what’s a little chronic fatigue, weakness, trembling hands and feet, aches all mixed in with tears that just appeared like an uncontrollable leaky faucet?  Come on, really?  At first, I just caved to this virus, forgetting all I had learned.  I barely got through work just to come home and collapse.  No strength to even eat.  Fearful of what was happening with my body, I woke up one day and it was like – hello!  Hey, I created this, I can heal this!  Wasn’t I aware of the power of the mind to the body?  Didn’t I remember all the teachings and healing I have been working on up to this point??  So, this was my test and I was determined to ace this test.  I had the tools - now my body was telling me that I needed to apply forgiveness to my life.  Yes, forgiveness.  The little voice inside was my inner guidance directing my next act in my life.  It told me I should take time to work on forgiveness.  I was lead to a great book on the subject - “Radical Forgiveness” by Colin Tipping.  The worksheets in the back of the book were the most helpful, sometimes I completed two or three on one person before I knew I had let go of any harboring forgiveness issues.  It was like a paper weight being lifted off of my back.  A profound sense of “ah” hit me.  As each worksheet was completed, I felt myself becoming stronger - physically and mentally.  I knew I was the boss of me and nothing could take me down.  As I worked on my issues, I started to incorporate other forms of healing into my life.  I could actually make it to my yoga studio to practice a Korean form of yoga which incorporated energy work and using the acupressure points in my body (we have 365 of them) to start to heal on a physical level.  Needless to say, within 3 weeks of working on my inner and outer self, I healed.  My strength, energy and vitality returned.  It was amazing to experience as just a few weeks earlier I thought I wouldn’t be able to crawl out of this hole.  I knew this was just the beginning of an incredible adventure in my life…all starting with listening to my body and forgiving.  “Forgiveness will not be possible until compassion is born in your heart.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh